TorEye is a search engine, that only deals with indexing torrent files without hosting them.
- does not host and/or distribute copyrighted data;
- does not run BitTorrent trackers;
- does not allow users upload their own torrents;
- does not store information from other websites;
- does not have any connection to P2P transfers;
- does not track user actions;
- is a non-profit organization, funded by donations and advertising revenue.
- The links found by TorEye may also be found by other search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask..
- All information is collected and analyzed by computer software.
- Google is using the same DMCA procedure as TorEye.
Though TorEye is not hosted in the USA, we do respect all copyright laws and in accordance with DMCA §512 remove all illegal links from our search index. However, we are not responsible for new links appeared on other sites and indexed by our crawlers.
In case you have any takedown requests (as plain-text email in English), send them to firstname.lastname@example.org from a verifiable email address (name@yourcompany / yourname.com). Add text to your email if you're sending scanned copies of requests. Images will be ignored – only letters.
Your takedown requests must contain:
- Name, phone number and postal address of a person, submitting the request.
- If the request is made by a company representative — name, phone and address of the company.
- Proof that you personally are the copyright holder (or proof of the right to act on behalf of the copyright holder ), one of the following:
- Link to the site where your copyrighted works are hosted / mentioned (not "free" Web hosting);
- USPTO number, or any other reasonable and verifiable ownership proof.
- Exact and complete URL of the content in question.
- Example: http://toreye.com/torrent/Big-Buck-Bunny-1080p-not-MP4
- Requests to remove search categories or search keywords will be ignored. There are no copyrights on keywords. Claims mentioning your "registered trademark" is copyright infringement (it is not) will get you nowhere.
- It should be born in mind that requests are processed automatically, and if there are no exact links in email, it will be deleted.
- The following statements:
- I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
In case the request doesn't contain above described information, it won't be taken into consideration.
Your request will be processed within 5 business days.
Mind that sending any threats or filing complaints with third parties will delay your request processing for up to 15 business days, we will have to seek legal advice.
If you repeatedly send incorrect requests be ready to have your email address blacklisted. In this case we will not be able to get any emails from you.
Sending false statements, infeasible demands (censor search, etc.) or false ownership proof will result in your request being ignored.
Emails with the requests of users' information disclosure will be ignored. We do not keeps logs of anything.
We will consider any automated "DMCA-email" systems as spam, blacklist their e-mail addresses and file spam complaints to your email provider.
All drastically threatening or hilariously stupid requests will result in:
- Correspondence disclosure;
- Ignoring any emails from you;
- Public embarrassment.
NDA can not be enforced via email message, both parties should agree to it (we did not).
Properly-filed takedown requests will not be disclosed.